The Senate Transportation, Housing and Urban Development (THUD) and Related Appropriations Subcommittee June 5 unanimously approved legislation that would boost federal highway investment by $1.8 billion in FY 2019. This growth would come on top of a $3.4 billion increase in FY 2018 and result in a 12.2 percent increase over the last two years.
The measure includes a combination of transportation investment increases stemming from the 2015 FAST Act surface transportation reauthorization law and the two-year funding agreement reached earlier this year that calls for at least $10 billion in supplemental infrastructure investments from the federal general fund. Transportation construction programs received a total of $4.85 billion from this agreement in FY 2018.
While the text of the legislation is not yet available, THUD Subcommittee Chairman Susan Collins’ (R-Maine) opening statement highlighted details about the bill’s content.
- The measure would provide the full $900 million highway funding increase authorized by the FAST Act and then adds an additional $3.3 billion in general funds for a total highway investment level of $48.57 billion.
- The Transit Capital Investment Grant Program, which supports heavy and light rail transit construction projects, would receive $2.6 billion–$300 million more than called for by the FAST Act.
- The Airport Improvement Program would receive an additional $750 million from the federal general fund on top of the $3.35 billion previously authorized from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund to support airport capital improvements.
- The measure would provide $1 billion in BUILD Grants–$500 million less than in FY 2018, but $500 million more than FY 2017.
For full credit: https://www.forconstructionpros.com/
Learn how Rubberized Asphalt Can Lower Project Costs
Click links below to WATCH ASPHALT PLUS VIDEOS ON Engineered Crumb Rubber Technology!
The Rubber helps with:
- Rutting resistance
- Cracking resistance
- Long road life cycle
- Skid resistance
- Durability in roads
- Reduces sound
- Serves as a way to recycle tires
- Reduces cost
- Less road maintenance
Asphalt Plus LLC is a specialty chemical and equipment manufacturing company headquartered near Chicago, IL. We produce an engineered crumb rubber additive for asphalt application. Asphalt Plus engineered rubber has endured a wide range of harsh climate & road use conditions. In spite of those tough situations, Asphalt Plus has performed impeccably well with nearly 3 million tons of placed Dry Mix Asphalt. We have assisted the auto manufacturing industry, the Department of Defense, Energy and Interior in cost-effectively reducing both their operating costs and their environmental footprint in a wide range of activities.
LEARN MORE AT https://asphaltplus.com/