PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Elastiko 100 is a liquid surface treatment for crumb rubber. This data sheet refers to crumb rubber already treated with Elastiko 100.mb rubber
PRODUCT NAME: ELASTIKO™ 100
Download Data Sheet HERE
USE: Elastiko is typically applied to crumb rubber in order to improve the handling and workability characteristics of rubber modified hot and warm mix asphalt composites. Modified asphalts containing proper proportions of crumb rubber and additive are compatible with standard asphalt handling and compaction equipment
RESTRICTIONS: Material must be kept generally free from significant additions of water (precipitation) before use. If the rubber is wet, allow the product to drain freely for a few days before use.
Storage of bulk sacks outside for extended periods of time will encourage degradation of the packaging materials (bulk bags), leading to a greater risk of bag tearing or breakage during lifting. For extended storage, a roofed, shaded area is recommended.
PROPERTIES OF ELASTIKO 100 – TREATED RUBBER
- Primary Ingredient: ASTM -30 recycled crumb rubber (combined auto/truck tires)
- Appearance: Black, fine-grained crumb material with white flecks
- Odor: None
- pH: Not Applicable
- Boiling Point: Not Applicable
- Freezing Point: Not Applicable
- Melting Point: Not Applicable
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 +/- 0.04
- Vapor Density: Not Applicable
- Vapor Pressure: Not Applicable
- Flash Point: 475 Degrees F
- Auto-Ignition Temperature: 700 Degrees F
- Volatility (% by Volume): Not Applicable
- Solubility in Water: Slight (0.1 – 1.0%)
AVAILABILITY: Elastiko 100 treated crumb rubber is available throughout North America. Please contact Asphalt Plus for prices, shipping quantities and timing.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Additional technical support is available through our corporate offices, located near Chicago, IL at 847-639-1176.